Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sweet Potato Casserole

I thought that I would post this recipe in case someone else wants to make if for Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 cups cooked, mashed or whipped sweet potatoes (yams work nicely as well)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla

Blend together with an electric beater until smooth. Spoon into a 2 quart shallow dish.

Topping:
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minute

When I make it for a crowd, I usually double or even triple the amount of sweet potatoes or yams. I don't necessarily double and triple the amount of butter, nuts and sugars, but do add some extra and it still tastes delectable! Hope you enjoy! (Sorry there is no photo!)

No comments: